Tuesday, March 16, 2010

when the man snores...make chocolate...

so i spent about 2 hours listening to john (boyfriend) snore...poor guy was so tired...he's not use to working during the day and waking up at 5 a.m. like the rest of us, and with the time change and the full moon, he totally deserved the nap and the snore...

and i...deserved a piece of amazing heavenly chocolate...

so i used this recipe, averie's famous vegan coconut oil chocolate bars and i used the caramel recipe from averie's raw vegan turtle recipe...and i made a raw vegan turtle bar...i didn't have any cupcake liners to make proper chocolates...so, yes, i ended up with a chocolate/caramel/pecan party in my mouth bar...













question: is there anything that can turn your blah days into happy days? before i became vegan i use to go to this dessert place down the road from my apartment and order a triple layer fudge cake, trek back to my apartment and drown my sorrows in chocolatey goodness...so glad i can still do it...and not have to leave my apartment, added bonus!

it's pretty late and this girl has too be up early tomorrow...sweet dreams my pretties...

4 comments:

  1. drooool. nice work! a gift after my own chocolatey heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellyyyyyyyyy awesome jobbbbbbbbb!!!!

    OMG I WANT TO COME OVER NOW!!!
    Seriously girl, thank you so much and i am glad my recipes helped you!

    You're making me really hungry :)
    and if you're not already entered in the give away, take yourself 10 extra entries, you made two recipes: one a dessert, and the other a chocolate dessert :)
    just link this post and click 10 times on the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies...

    if you two lived anywhere near me i would totally invite you over for dessert...everyday! haha!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so clever to make turtle bars!
    Blah day --> Music/friends/bubble bath --> Happier day :D

    ReplyDelete